KCLA Sanctioned Show
Co Chairman: Doug Ashcraft & Todd Yazell
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Breeding Sheep Registration – 3:30 pm
Breeding Sheep Showtime – 4:00 pm
Market Lamb Weigh-in – 4:00 – 5:00 pm
Market Lamb Showmanship – 5:00 pm or at completion of breeding show with
Market Lamb show following showmanship.
1. Health requirements refer to insert.
2. All animals must be on Fairgrounds by 4:00 pm.
3. Anyone in 4-H and FFA, and Others are eligible for Open Class.
4. Only blue Ribbon Animals eligible for Championship
6. There will be no more than two (2) entries per person per class
7. Showmanship entries must show in one other class. Open to all youth.
8. All 4-H, FFA, and Novice Market lamb entries must be nominated in the exhibitors
name and identified by the Kentucky Uniform Identification Program. See 4-H agent or vocational agriculture teacher for details.
9. All lambs must be shown by the exhibitor (owner) unless the exhibitor is incapacitated (deprived of strength or ability;
physically impaired) or has more than one entry in a class, then he or she may have another 4-H or FFA youth exhibit his or
l0. Market Lamb exhibitors will be limited to six (6) lambs. Novice exhibitors will be limited to two lambs.
11. KUIP Lambs can be shown in either breeding or market lamb c1asses, not both.
12. Bourbon County youth entries will be allotted $1,600.00 in premiums.
13. EXHIBITOR IS EXPECTED TO REMOVE ANY LIVESTOCK BEDDING THAT IS BROUGHT INTO THE FAIRGROUNDS.
14. ANYONE ENTERING GROUNDS WILL PAY ADMISSION
Breeding Sheep Premiums: $12.00, $8.00,
$6.00, $4.00, $2.00
Breed Order for Breeding Sheep Show
348. Ewe Lamb
349. Pair of Ewe Lambs
350. Ewe, one year old and under two
351. Pair of yearling ewes
352.. Ram Lamb
353. Pair of Ram Lambs
354. Ram, one year old and under two
Supreme Champion Ewe and Ram:
Trophy will be presented
**Special Thank You to Yazell Fencing for Supreme Champion Ewe and Supreme Champion Ram Premiums (will be awarded $25 each)
MARKET LAMBS SHOWMANSHIP
(Age as of January 1 of current year)
Novice: under 9
Clover: 9 to 11
Junior: 12 to 13
Intermediate :14 to 16
Senior: 17 and above
Bourbon County Novice Showmanship $25.00
**Special Thank You to Shear Away Farm and Miracle V Lambs for Showmanship Awards.
Market Lamb Classes
Premiums: $20, $15, $10, $5, $5
Novice Market Lambs will be shown by weight.
Youth Market lambs will be shown by breed and weight. Lambs will be split into classes of 20 lambs or less at the discretion
of the show committee.
Show committee will confirm the breed of the lamb. There must be five (5) lambs in a breed to have a breed show. If five
head cannot be met, lambs will be placed in either WFX or BFX classes. The decision of the show chairman and/or judge is
final. Anyone failing to abide by these rules will forfeit all premium money and awards.
Breed Order for Market Lamb Show
** Special Thanks to Pleasure Pointe Farm for $50 Grand and $25 Reserve Gift Certificates