Register online below
KING ARTHUR FLOUR PIE BAKING CONTEST
King Arthur Flour is looking for your best and most delicious pie. Be sure and
make the crust from scratch - no mixes or prepared crust allowed. Creativity is
strongly encouraged so get baking with King Arthur Flour and you could be the
blue ribbon winner!
DATE OF CONTEST: MONDAY NIGHT, JUNE 25, 2018 6:30 PM
1st place: $75 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurflour.com
2nd place: $50 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurflour.com
3rd place: King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking Cookbook
1st place: $50 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurflour.com
2nd place: $25 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurflour.com
3rd place: King Arthur Flour Mini Loaf Pan
CONTEST RULES – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
1. Crust recipe must use King Arthur Flour and be made from scratch. No mixes or
2. Judging will be based on: Taste (50%), Creativity (25%), and Texture (25%).
3. Entrant must bring the opened bag of King Arthur Flour or submit a UPC label from
the flour bag when he/she brings the prepared entry to the contest at the fair.
4. Directions for preparing the recipe must be clear; measurements should be in level
cups, tablespoons, teaspoons or fractions thereof; also include pan size, cooking
temperature, number of servings and any other pertinent information.
5. Use ingredients that are readily available in grocery stores.
6. Type or legibly write recipe on 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper with name, address, daytime
and evening phone number, email address if available, in the upper right hand corner.
Entries must be legible and include a phone number or they will be disqualified.
Pies with no recipes will not be judged.
7. Upon submission, recipes will become property of the Bourbon County Fair and King
Arthur Flour, which reserves the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish and use for
publicity, promotion or advertising without compensation.
8. Contestants may submit only one pie.
9. This contest is open to all ages; amateurs only.
10. To be a contestant, submit entry with pie or mail to: King Arthur Flour Baking Contest,
Bourbon County Extension Office, 603 Millersburg Rd, Paris, KY 40361.
11. Fair committee selects judges; judges' decisions are final.
12. NO TEAM ENTRIES, THIS CONTEST IS FOR INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION.
13. King Arthur Flour is available in grocery stores. For product information, recipe ideas,
and store locations go to: www.kingarthurflour.com
14. Entry form can be found on Bourbon County Fair website,
DAY OF CONTEST
1. Deliver pie to the Legion Hall between
8:30 am – 6:30 pm Monday, June 25, 2018.
1. Judging will begin at 7:00 PM.
2. Prizes will be awarded when contest is completed.
3. Entries may be brought in any type of container
(preferably disposable); it is not the responsibility of
the Fair to return any dishes.
4. Entries must be prepared at home and brought to the fair
on the day and time of the contest.
5. ALL ENTERING THE FAIRGROUND WILL PAY FAIR
2015 KING ARTHUR FLOUR PIE BAKING
CHECK THE ONE THAT APPLIES: ______ YOUTH ______ADULT
Submit with entry or mail to:
KING ARTHUR FLOUR BAKING CONTEST,
BOURBON COUNTY EXTENSION OFFICE,
603 MILLERSBURG RD
PARIS, KY 40361
Register for Pie Baking Contest Here